Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip "Monkey Bread"
Something sweet with your coffee in the morning? A snack with your afternoon tea? A little something to fill your tummy before bed? This amazing, gluten-free "monkey bread" is just the thing. Old habits die hard, and those little somethings -- whether it's at your desk while you get that first crack at your email in the morning, or in the afternoon with a hot cuppa while the baby naps -- are rituals you just can't ignore.
Rituals are comforting. You deserve comfort. You deserve something delicious! The trick is to learn to appreciate healthful, delicious indulgences that satisfy your craving for comfort food and provide you vital nutrients to satisfy your hunger and help you stop at just one piece (okay, maybe two). You can be good to your body and be good to your soul...isn't that what comfort food is all about?
Not to mention that little people L.O.V.E. this combination of bananas, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. It's familiar and just sweet enough, but you can feel good knowing it's filling their little bellies with healthy fats, carbohydrates, and fibre and is free of added sugar.
Never mind. We're pretty sure we had you at peanut butter and dark chocolate.
Peanut Butter Banana Monkey Bread
- 2-3 ripe or overripe bananas (the more brown, the sweeter)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate or semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9"x13" pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Peel bananas and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients - except chocolate chips - to bananas and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake 17-18 minutes. Cool, then slice into squares.
Adapted from The Paleo Mom