Mini Turkey Meatloaves With Parmesan & Rosemary
Make your weekday mornings smooth with these yummy, portable mini turkey meatloaves. They're a big hit with the ankle-biters but flavourful enough for grown-up lunch boxes too!
Ground turkey is not one of my go-to ingredients. I've joked before how "funky" it can sometimes be, and it's not something I use in a sautéing situation because it just smells. so. TURKEY. Of course, it's also got to be cooked thoroughly (just like chicken) and so it can easily get dried out in a frying pan.
But turkey is so lean and protein-packed, and it's the perfect blank canvas for all sorts of flavours. Baked into these tiny meatloaves, the turkey is moist and completely void of funkiness.
Mini Meal In One.
These little 'loaves are perfect hot out of the oven or cold for lunch. I will also grab a single "loaf" as a snack since they're loaded with goodness and basically a tiny meal in one.
You can mix up the herbs and cheese to your family's preferences. A few other combos I think would be fun:
- salsa + cheddar
- chili powder + green onion
- basil + mozzarella
Lunchtime protein can be tricky but these turkey meatloaves have saved the day for us many times. Try a batch this Sunday and you'll be ready to go all week! Actually, I always think this and then we end up eating half of them hot out of the muffin tin...
So maybe try two batches this Sunday.
Mini Turkey Meatloaves with Parmesan + Rosemary
Veggies + protein all packed in one neat little lunchtime package.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 1-2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or 2 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Grate zucchini and combine all chopped veggies, turkey, seasoning, oats and eggs. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Spoon into 12-cup muffin tin & smooth down (don't "pack" down) with back of spoon.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove tin from oven, top each with a dollop of pizza sauce or pasta sauce, if desired.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then serve or store. Yum!
Adapted from All Sorts Of Pretty.