Join Toronto's Hottest Stroller Fitness
Are you ready to play? Come join us at Toronto's best stroller fitness classes! We can't wait to launch the 2013 Belly Bootcamp outdoor season - our Bellies & Strollers postnatal fitness classes have caught the attention of BlogTO, CTV, Today's Parent and numerous online publications. The BEST results. The MOST fun.
This year is going to be better than ever! Come to a park near you to join us for a trial class and see for yourself why Belly Bootcamp is Toronto's hottest fitness for modern mommies.
High Park (west): Enter the park at Bloor St./High Park Ave. and meet at the cluster of picnic benches directly between the north and south parking on the ring road. By TTC, exit at High Park station and walk across Bloor St. to enter the park. Parking is available for free at the first lot as you enter from Bloor St.
Trinity Bellwoods/Fred Hamilton Park (central): Meet at the northwest corner of Trinity Bellwoods Park, at Dundas St./Shaw St. By TTC, take the Dundas Streetcar to Shaw St. or take the Queen Streetcar to Strachan and walk to the north end of the park. Parking is available for free along both Shaw St. and Dundas St.
Cedarvale Park (midtown): Meet on the large field next to the Phil White Arena, at 443 Arlington Road, in the center of Cedarvale Park. By TTC, take the subway to Eglinton West station and walk south through the park to the arena, or St. Clair West station and walk north through the park to the arena. Free parking is available at the arena.
Jimmie Simpson Park (east): Meet at the southeast corner of Jimmie Simpson Park, at Queen St./Booth Ave.. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Booth Ave. Metered parking is available along Queen St. E. and free parking is available on nearby side streets.
Woodbine Park/Measurement Park (east): Meet at the northeast corner of Woodbine Park, in the area marked “Measurement Park” near Queen St./Eastern Ave. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Eastern Ave./Kingston Rd. Parking is available for free in the large lot just south of the Green P lot (enter from Eastern Ave.).
We provide the equipment and expertise. Please bring the following items for your use:
- Clothing in layers so you can remain warm or cool as needed, with a supportive bra
- Comfortable, supportive athletic shoes
- Sunscreen/hat/insect repellent, if desired
- Garbage bag to act as "mat" in case of dampness
- Infant carrier in case baby becomes fussy in the stroller
- Medications/orthopaedic supports you might need
- Snacks/toys/diversions for baby, plus a blanket or mat for baby, if you wish
We run rain or shine! A few notes regarding weather:
- In cases of truly inclement weather, you will receive an email the morning of your class to inform you that class has been cancelled. Cancellations are only in cases of unusually extreme heat, lightning, unusually heavy rain and hail. If you have not received an email, class is on! Make up classes are not awarded in cases of regular summer coolness and/or rain.
- Don't rely on the morning weather when you wake, or on the forecast. Many times we have seen forecasts of rain or rainy early mornings that turn out to be beautiful sunny workouts, or pleasant, cloudy and cool workouts. Your Belly Bootcamp trainer is armed with an arsenal of effective exercises, even when the ground is muddy and wet.
- Don't underestimate yourself! Often the cooler days are the easiest on which to exercise - less sweat, less heat. Put a rain cover on your stroller, throw a hat on your head and wear a windbreaker. Within 5 minutes you'll be warm!
- Don't wear your best workout clothes to Bellies & Strollers. Whether rainy or dry, dirt, dandelions and grass all await you. Save your most fabulous gear for a walk with your girlfriends or your indoor classes.
- Keep a black garbage bag or two stuffed in the bottom of your stroller. When the ground is a bit damp or just dirty, a garbage bag can act as a "mat" to perform core work and will spare your expensive yoga mat from park mess.
There are a few spots remaining in Bellies & Strollers, although registration is always open and our is expanding soon. Know someone who might like to join you at Bellies & Strollers this spring? Refer a friend to Belly Bootcamp and you'll receive a free week when she signs up!
See you at Bellies & Strollers!