Join Belly Bootcamp, Toronto's BEST Stroller Fitness
Are you ready to play? Come join us at Toronto's best stroller fitness classes. Belly Bootcamp is Toronto's revolutionary prenatal & postnatal fitness, combining the most effective fitness methods with a personalized touch and moms-only focus.
The BEST results. The MOST fun. More than just a stroll in the park, BB offers trainer-led strength training, cardiovascular conditioning and the latest techniques in women's fitness to help you lose fat, tone up & feel great...all with your little one alongside and the company of your fellow mommies. Our uniquely effective classes have caught the attention of BlogTO, Bloor West Villager, CTV, Today's Parent and numerous online publications.
This year is going to be better than ever! We've added a seventh location -- June Rowlands Park, in the Mt. Pleasant/Leaside area -- to reach even more Toronto mommies. Come to a park near you to join us for a trial class and see for yourself why Belly Bootcamp is Toronto's hottest fitness for modern mommies.
Want to see a BB class in action before you sign up? Check out this real footage of our BB mommies in action -- no hair and makeup, no filters, no clever editing. Just real women getting a really awesome workout... and loving it!
Joining us this season? Following are the exact meeting points for each location:
High Park (west): Enter the park at Bloor St./High Park Ave. and meet at the cluster of picnic benches directly between the north and south parking on the ring road. By TTC, exit at High Park station and walk across Bloor St. to enter the park. Parking is available for free at the first lot as you enter from Bloor St.
Trinity Bellwoods (central): Meet at the northwest corner of Trinity Bellwoods Park, at Dundas St./Shaw St. By TTC, take the Dundas Streetcar to Shaw St. or take the Queen Streetcar to Strachan and walk to the north end of the park. Parking is available for free along both Shaw St. and Dundas St.
Sir Winston Churchill Park (midtown): Meet on the grass near the "Sir Winston Churchill Park/St. Clair Reservoir" sign (north of the playground). By TTC, take the subway or streetcar to St. Clair West station and cross to south side of St. Clair. Free one-hour parking is available on St. Clair Ave.
June Rowlands Park (north): Meet near the entrance at Millwood Rd., one block north of Davisville Ave.. By TTC, take the Mt. Pleasant or Davisville bus. Free parking is available near the meeting point on Millwood Rd.
Jimmie Simpson Park (east): Meet at the southeast corner of Jimmie Simpson Park, at Queen St./Booth Ave.. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Booth Ave. Metered parking is available along Queen St. E. and free parking is available on nearby side streets.
Woodbine Park (east): Meet at the northeast corner of Woodbine Park, in the area marked “Measurement Park” near Queen St./Eastern Ave. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Eastern Ave./Kingston Rd. Parking is available for free in the large lot just south of the Green P lot (enter from Eastern Ave.).
Memorial Park (Mississauga): Meet at the southeast corner of Memorial Park, adjacent to the parking lot between the park and the library. Parking is available in the free lot attached to the park (enter from Stavebank Rd. and Park Rd.).
We provide the equipment and expertise. Please bring the following items for your use:
- Clothing in layers so you can remain warm or cool as needed, with a supportive bra
- Comfortable, supportive athletic shoes
- Sunscreen/hat/insect repellent, if desired
- Garbage bag to act as "mat" in case of dampness
- Infant carrier in case baby becomes fussy in the stroller
- Medications/orthopaedic supports you might need
- Snacks/toys/diversions for baby, plus a blanket or mat for baby, if you wish
We run rain or shine! A few notes regarding weather:
- In cases of truly inclement weather, you will receive an email the morning of your class to inform you that class has been cancelled. Cancellations are also announced on our Facebook page, so be sure to like us on Facebook. Cancellations are only in cases of unusually extreme heat, lightning, unusually heavy rain and hail. If you have not received an email, class is on! Make up classes are not awarded in cases of regular summer coolness and/or rain.
- Don't rely on the morning weather when you wake, or on the forecast. Many times we have seen forecasts of rain or rainy early mornings that turn out to be beautiful sunny workouts, or pleasant, cloudy and cool workouts. Your Belly Bootcamp trainer is armed with an arsenal of effective exercises and our BB class plans include modifications for weather, even when the ground is muddy and wet.
- Don't underestimate yourself! Often the cooler days are the easiest on which to exercise - less sweat, less heat. Put a rain cover on your stroller, throw a hat on your head and wear a windbreaker. Within 5 minutes you'll be warm!
- Don't wear your best workout clothes to BB in the summer. Rain, mud, dandelions and grass all await you. Save your most fabulous gear for a walk with your girlfriends or BB indoor classes.
- Keep a black garbage bag or two stuffed in the bottom of your stroller. When the ground is a bit damp or just dirty, a garbage bag can act as a "mat" to perform core work and will spare your expensive yoga mat from park mess.
There are a few spots remaining in BB this May, although registration is always open and our schedule is expanding soon.
Know someone who might like to join you at Bellies & Strollers this spring? Refer a friend to Belly Bootcamp and you'll receive a free week when she signs up!
See you there!